Mike Lindstrom is an Author, Keynote Speaker and Communication Expert who was trained early in life by Tony Robbins on Psychology of Influence. Under the Robbins organization, Mike worked as an Executive Coach for Fortune 500 Companies across North America becoming on of the youngest Executive Coaches in the Robbins Results Coaching Company.
He’s a straight shooting, passionate leader who went out on his own after seeing the client base swell to more than 5,000 professionals. His impressive client base reads like a “Who’s Who in Corporate America” with a list of corporate executives, professional athletes, celebrities and even teenagers seeking that next level. Michael focuses on results and accountability. He appears on national and local media outlets like Fox News, CNN, Headline News to comment on topical issues.
In this show we discuss……
- How to be happy at work
- CNN survey poll if you had the opportunity to leave your current job…would you yes or no?
- The mindset in the top percentage of income earners.
- Be part of something bigger than you to do interesting things to support your growth and happiness. If you have the ability to grow outside of your daily work, big benefits are available to you.
- How a school teacher who is passionate about Yoga has faced a big life decision on being happy, healthy and on point.
- How to win where you are in your current job even without knowing your “passion” and how the quality of your life is directly tied to the questions you ask yourself.
- What am I Excited about?
- What do I love to do?
- When am I most happy?
- What brings me happiness?
- When do I smile the most?
- Explore something that makes you happy. Get involved with non profits, write that book.
- What is the thing that gives you the most gratitude or makes you happy? Be accountable to yourself and ask the question…what makes you smile?
- Make 20 bullet points of things you have done that make you happy. Who in your life do you have good positive experiences with? Spend more time with them.
- The happy study- The Happy Movie which was a study that studied cultures on varying levels of happiness around the world.
- 50% of levels of happiness is genetic
- 40% Conscience choice or what you choose
- 10% General life circumstance, environment
- We all come back to our genetic set point. Our ability to recover from setbacks is strong when we have a high set point. But we have a 40% choice to still improve the experience.
- How our personal happiness impacts others and then returns an experience to us. How to move through challenging situations and careers.
- Mike’s story about his Wife’s shift to a happy life and how her happy level has shifted upward.
- If you are in sales and your environment you choose is not happy then you need to bring a different energy to the group so you show up completely different. This impact you and others and ultimately the business.
- Work life balance discussion and some simple tips to create space in your life to increase levels of happiness.
- Be honest with yourself. Don’t be someone you are not. Talk positively to yourself.
- Develop common interests with people. We like the connection as one of the human needs.
- Keep your mind occupied and active. Be honest with the activities that historically have put you in a positive mood.
- The corporate executive who is committed and highly engaged on getting better professionally and how a sudden change can impact people and their needs.
- How loss can impact people and their human needs.
- Life events that are dramatic to people at work and how this impacts their need to be identified and connected.
- The 6 human needs around work and the sudden change of job changes.
- How sports organizations transition people out of professional sports.
- When change happens quickly, the mind is not prepared for it.
- The mind and body are one. Mind equals body. You can have a great attitude with low physical response.
- When the mind and body disconnect. Find out what can I do for my mind? What can I do for my body? How do I engage. Your happiness levels will shift, you’ll be more fun to be around and sets the tone with those you interact.
- Remind yourself as a conscience choice. Self talk is very important with 1,000 words per minute coming to you automatically. Get around good people, put your smartphone down. It’s not delivering positive news.
- Team supervision as a Manager- People on the team that have life events or perhaps not engaged or low levels of happiness.
- People need to motivate themselves
- Ask people the right questions
- Intrinsic questions should be asked getting them to see themselves past the current issues.
- Encourage people to reach out to someone in their life. Don’t let the problem persist.
- Mentors can help navigate issues or phases throughout life.
- Encourage employees when they are going through something. Encourage them to reach out to someone in their life.
- People believe they should keep work and life separate. Employees are Mom’s, Dad’s and contribute to your business. It’s neglecting to leave that alone.
- The New York Yankees approach to mentor athletes and connect to other leaders.
- Mentors spend the time with younger leaders
- Invest with their teams
- Get teams aligned
- The Clete Boyer story of personal instruction to Patrick to keep things simple
- The Nick Johnson story and the great hitting coaches with the New York Yankees
- As a leader, you don’t need big pearls of wisdom or complex instruction
- When was the last time you contributed to your staff to show appreciation?
- It makes people happy when you contribute to others
- The Mark Cuban and Dallas Mavericks story on meeting team needs.
- People that are happy perform better financially and create a better resident and customer experience.
- We talk about performance and preparing leaders for ultimate success.
- Patrick shares story of his son’s upcoming speech. How he prepared him to be recognized by his peers.
- The next level. How Mike helps people identify the gap to achieve the next level for high top leaders. High level leaders are good at what they do. Sometimes they don’t see the gap so we can help them visualize for best results.
Our Show Sponsor:
Sponsor link: http://www.audibletrial.com/multifamily
#multifamily #MFLpodcast #MFLSummit #multifamily #employee #engagement #happinessatwork #leadership #leadershipsuccess #success #engagedemployees #workplacehappiness #improve #work #productivity #podcast #motivate #employees #HR #best #practices #develop #leaders #train #leaders #communication #work #balance #life #skills #results with #teams #happy #employees #happy #research
Multifamily Leadership Series
FREE Subscription to Multifamily Leadership the Series. Preparing Multifamily Leaders for the FUTURE of WORK.