All posts by Multifamily Leadership
Scottsdale, Arizona, May 5, 2017 (Newswire) -The Multifamily Leadership Podcast™, a podcast designed to engage Leaders for business success and prepare Multifamily professionals for the FUTURE of WORK, has just been released and is available to listeners for free subscription on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, and other platforms.
Learn from top Multifamily Leaders and Executives on how to create results for you and your Multifamily property or portfolio. The Multifamily Leadership Podcast™ will deliver valuable information and messaging to busy executives while they’re driving, walking, on long train rides, or at the gym, for instance.
The growth in smartphone technology, busy multitasking professionals, as well as mobile and connected devices offering a native podcast app, helped the decision to launch the Multifamily Leadership Podcast™.
Show host, Patrick Antrim, intends to deliver high caliber, compelling conversation and interviews with top leadership minds. Advertisers and supporting sponsors are looking for content that is designed to live on mobile platforms and reach executives where they are, thus the Multifamily Leadership Podcast™ is a perfect fit.
The Multifamily Leadership Podcast™ focuses on topics that will help Multifamily operators increase revenue through insightful discussion of innovation and industry best practices and is geared toward success strategies for Multifamily Professionals, CEOs, executive leaders and aspiring leaders that want to drive high performance results for their portfolio.
With the ability to listen on mobile devices, in your car, or in your office, listeners will get 24/7 access to the top leadership minds that they wouldn’t be able to reach otherwise. The most recent episodes featured information on brand management, organizational culture, and emotional intelligence.
“The Multifamily Apartment Industry has a big impact in our communities and how we live our lives. Having an outlet like the Multifamily Leadership Podcast™ is very important because apartments and their residents contribute more than 3.5 billion dollars to our economy every day. We believe it’s important to stay up to date on trends in leadership whether you are just starting out in the industry, managing a portfolio or have thousands of employees that you count on to drive yields for your investment properties,” states Antrim.
Fans of the podcast can reach out to MultifamilyLeadership.com to provide feedback and ideas for the podcast, become a guest on the show, or become a sponsor.
Based in Scottsdale, Arizona, the Multifamily Leadership Podcast™ serves listeners interested in practical issues and innovation that affect the Industry on a daily basis.
Tom Shelton, Principal at Shelton-Cook Real Estate Services, shares his expertise and insights regarding what it takes to build a great culture of success for Multifamily Operators. He brings more than 35 years of experience with various organizations and shares what he has learned, experience, and personally observed throughout those years.
MULTIFAMILY LEADERSHIP SUMMIT | MASTERMIND | TOM SHELTON
QUESTION 1: What are some challenges and fears that you’ve faced and been able to overcome?
- Transferring experience
- Transition from large organization and implementing procedures into a smaller organization
- Difference between listening and hearing
- Make sure you understand the feedback
- Respond accordingly
QUESTION 2: What is one great achievement or career milestone that you’ve experienced and do you have any pointers?
- Developing Relationships
- Across business lines
- Great industry for sharing experiences
- Helping leaders grow and promote
- Watch people develop careers
- Growth Opportunities
- Great career paths available
QUESTION 3: Are leaders born or can they be trained and groomed to become good leaders?
- Born / Trained Leadership
- There are people born with leadership potential and characteristics
- To truly develop into a leader, they need to be trained and groomed
- Manager v Leader
- Many people excellent at following directions
- Leaders are the ones that make the list of directions to be followed
- Leaders set the culture, environment
QUESTION 4: Other comments regarding training?
- In-Person Interaction
- Between trainer and field staff is very important
- Extra money set up in budget for personalized training
QUESTION 5: What is one tip you can give to others that is unique to yourself – a “success tip”?
- Be a decision maker
- Make a decision and make it quick
- Do not waste time
Tom Shelton, Principal at Shelton-Cook Real Estate Services, shares his expertise and insights regarding inspiring financial results with valuable leadership practices designed to create great residence experiences and understanding the next generation workforce.
MULTIFAMILY LEADERSHIP SUMMIT | THE FUTURE OF WORK PANEL DISCUSSION | TOM SHELTON
QUESTION 1: What are some leadership best practices with success stories that demonstrate how those practices impact financial results within your organization?
- Employees establish protocol
- Develop mission statement
- Goals and objectives
- Coin of Excellence – Recognition program
- Education Committee works with training department
- Team leaders are focal points
- On-site property managers, portfolio managers
- Personal coaching and counseling for employees
- Helps managers focus on hiring and interviewing process
QUESTION 2: How can culture help to drive financial results and productivity?
- 4 Stakeholders
- Employees, Residents, Clients, Service Vendors and Contractors
- Talk to vendors about company culture
- Creation / Maintenance of Culture
- Starts at the top
- How you act, dress, look, communicate, etc.
- Culture helps to retain talent
- Engage employees – spirit committee
- Celebrate successes as a group
- Share failures as a group
QUESTION 3: How does communication impact effectiveness within your organization?
- Communication Program is Critical
- Employee issue, performance issue – news must travel fast
- Email should not be primary form of communication
- If it is at all possible, use a telephone
- Tone cannot be interpreted through text, email
- Weekly Manager’s Call
- Open call for one hour
- Open forum for current issues
- Available to everybody
- Useful software for communication
- Book of the Month
- Motivational and success books suggested
- Online blog
- Managers share thoughts and ideas
- Very successful among associates
QUESTION 4: How does your organization approach employee engagement and employee retention?
- Focus Groups
- Employees are asked questions frequently
- Example: Tattoo Policy
- Associates participate in the process, they were engaged
- No dictatorial approach
- Employee Functions
- Any time you can get employees out with your logo, it increases enjoyment and loyalty
- Positive feedback from associates
QUESTION 5: How do you keep your associates motivated and growing?
- Hiring from outside the company
- Move people through the system
- Clear career path, mentorships
- 5 Star Academy
- Opportunities for teaching and learning, training
QUESTION 6: How do you effectively execute a plan and why is it important?
- Managing Expectations
- Define and communicate expectations
- If you’re leading, make sure they’re following!
QUESTION 7: How do you maintain credibility as an organization?
- You Can’t Fake It
- Either you have it, or you don’t
- Certain ways you can improve it
- Be focused on business, clients, goals