Catherine Swaback Multifamily Leadership Summit Speaker | MASTERMIND
Catherine Swaback, Director of Marketing Strategy at Alliance Residential Company, shares her personal experience in the Multifamily Industry regarding various issues within the industry today.
MULTIFAMILY LEADERSHIP SUMMIT 2016 | MASTERMIND PANEL DISCUSSION | CATHERINE SWABACK
QUESTION 1: What are some challenges and fears that you’ve faced and been able to overcome?
- Challenges and Fears
- Started in advertising
- Failing at something new
- Immersion in multifamily
- Understand vernacular, key players, and key processes
- Learn the operations side of the business
- Served in various roles within company
- Grow within the organization
- Marketing team growth as a result of the growth of the portfolio
- Overhaul, reorganization
- Digital visibility
- Creation of a strategy sub-department within Marketing team
QUESTION 2: What are the challenges you’ve faced in keeping up with trends in Multifamily?
- In-house ad and digital agency
- Creating one consistent message and sending that out
- Industry veterans mixed with new agency talent
- Look outside of Multifamily for inspiration and innovation
- Remain agile
- Monitor, stay consistent, stay ahead of competitors
QUESTION 3: Are you seeing more programs to develop new leadership to enter into the Multifamily Industry?
- Get the word out there
- Internship programs
- Multitunity – going into college campuses and surrounding areas to look for young, professional talent
- Look past local networks to reach possible talent
- “This is my office” campaign – showcases great careers
QUESTION 4: What is one tip you can give to others that is unique to yourself – a “success tip”?
- Work-Life Balance
- Shut your brain off
- To-do list can grow rapidly so take time to step away from that list
- Alliance Residential
- Catherine Swaback (Twitter) @CSwaback13