Jana Frazier, Director of Recruiting at IMT Residential, shares her expertise and insights regarding what it takes to build a great culture of success for Multifamily Operators. She brings great Human Resources insight into how IMT Residential keeps it a “people-focused” business.
MULTIFAMILY LEADERSHIP SUMMIT | BUILDING A WINNING CULTURE & BRAND PANEL DISCUSSION | JANA FRAZIER
QUESTION 1: What was the process IMT took to develop your brand and who was involved in that process?
- First Recruiting Director
- Recruiting was decentralized, no focus on employer brand
- Marketing department was very developed and had a wonderful company brand
- Understand Company Brand
- Communicate that message
- Collaborate with Marketing Team to make consistent message
- From Communication to Drive
- Rolling out a culture program
- Operations leaders very involved
- Evolved from regional leaders needing more connection with the IMT Culture
- Partnership between recruiting, marketing, operations, and executive level
QUESTION 2: What is your approach to online employee reviews and employer reputation?
- Online Review Process to be Embraced
- Appreciate the feedback, it’s here to stay
- Glassdoor.com increasing in popularity
- Having an account with Glassdoor allows for interactivity and manageability
- Respond to every single review, nothing canned, show that you listen and acknowledge, tailor response to that person, invite to reach out and continue the conversation when applicable
- Share pertinent reviews with leadership, use as a learning tool
- Indeed.com also has employer reviews
QUESTION 3: How did IMT develop the relationship with Human Resources and Marketing effectively?
- Relatively new relationship
- Marketing can take recruiting plan to next level
- Collaborate with Marketing Director
- Communicate vision as extension of what Marketing team has in place
- Understanding and communicating time-frames and deadlines
- Communicate to others within the company what Marketing is doing for Recruiting
- Executives see how teams are working together to achieve higher level
QUESTION 4: Are there other departments within your company that are involved with promoting the brand?
- Training team very involved
- Relationship, communication among teams
- Cross-promotion among organization
- Regional Operations Leaders
- They are the bridge between Corporate and Site Level associates
- Must have understanding of both areas
- Need resources to keep associates engaged