Jennifer Staciokas Multifamily Leadership Summit Speaker | MASTERMIND
Jennifer Staciokas, Vice President of Training and Development at Pinnacle, shares her expertise and insights regarding top issues in today’s Multifamily Industry.
MULTIFAMILY LEADERSHIP SUMMIT | THE MULTIFAMILY MASTERMIND | JENNIFER STACIOKAS
QUESTION 1: What are some challenges and fears that you’ve faced and been able to overcome?
- Additional Responsibility
- Internal Voice of support
- Constantly learn, read, be inquisitive
- Asking Questions
- People afraid that it signals that they don’t know something
- Better to ask than struggle
QUESTION 2: What is one great achievement or career milestone that you’ve experienced and do you have any pointers? What was a risk that you took that paid off?
- Team Support
- Being a great leader
- Create a team that is diverse
- Find people that think differently
- Leaving Current Organization
- Do something from scratch
- Build 3 departments
- Put platform and people in place
QUESTION 3: How do you create a company-wide culture with such large organizations? Is it technology?
- Technology Training
- Not necessarily effective when delivered online
- In-person training is crucial
- Get people into the classroom within 1-2 weeks of onboarding
- Everyone in the organization needs to pitch in
- Mentors, field trainers
- Follow-up with regional and corporate office
- Blended Approach
- In-person and online
- Some things do not require in-person
- Build database of videos
- Learning Management Systems
QUESTION 4: How do you get people on board when they’ve already objected to an idea and what do you learn to do differently in your process?
- Don’t Take No for an Answer
- Go back and repackage ideas
- What is in it for them?
- Ask for another opportunity
- Idea Source
- Make other people think it’s their idea
- Adjusting Idea
- Do not adjust the idea if you’re passionate about it
- Repackage it to make it better for others to understand
- Use your credibility
- Listen to feedback
QUESTION 5: How do you find new talent and leadership to enter into the Multifamily Industry?
- Apartment Careers Committee
- Website, videos, encouraging high schools and universities
- Utilize resources to attract talent
QUESTION 6: What is one tip you can give to others that is unique to yourself – a “success tip”?
- Confidence comes from being prepared