Chris Ryan-Lawrence Multifamily Leadership Summit Speaker | MASTERMIND
Chris is a Founder, Principal and CEO of ARK Leadership, LLC and is a proven entrepreneurial leader with more than twenty four years of business building leadership experience. He was a founding partner and principal who launched Pegasus Residential based in Atlanta, Georgia, which subsequently grew into a multimillion dollar company, operating in ten states, in five years. After selling his interest, he subsequent launched ARK Leadership LLC, a business building company made up of uniquely multitalented entrepreneurs driven to improve all facets of business performance under the ARK umbrella.
MULTIFAMILY LEADERSHIP SUMMIT | MASTERMIND | CHRIS RYAN-LAWRENCE
QUESTION 1: What is one of the biggest challenges and fears that you’ve faced and been able to overcome?
- Developing Leadership Skills
- Training – Finding the skills to teach someone not only how to understand the task, but also to know how to do the task
- Being a great leader is a learning process
- Outside Businesses
- Challenge remains outside of property management industry
QUESTION 2: What is one great achievement or career milestone that you’ve experienced and do you have any pointers?
- Standing Up After Failure
- Learning from mistakes
- Acknowledge the mistake
- Do not repeat the mistake
- Owning Properties
- Knowing too much regarding the process
- Work through people to get tasks accomplished
QUESTION 3: How do you balance the pressure of motivating people while still holding them accountable?
- Pressure will be there no matter what
- Run in that lane
- Help educate team members on expectations
- “Everyday is an interview”
- Treat each day as a new day to make an impact and forward your career
- “You’re only as good as your last financials”
- Motivate through teams to reach results
QUESTION 4: How do you get people on board when they’ve already objected to an idea and what do you learn to do differently in your process?
- Specific Choices
- Do not give too many options
- Ask questions in advance
- Continually receive feedback
- Narrow down to 2 options and run with it
- Maintain open lines of communication in order to adjust and implement on the fly
QUESTION 5: What is one tip you can give to others that is unique to yourself – a “success tip”?
- Every morning, stand in the Superman pose
- Increases motivation, confidence, drive
- Ark Leadership
- Chris Ryan-Lawrence (Twitter)