Jana Frazier, Director of Recruiting at IMT Residential, shares her expertise and insights regarding what it takes to build a great culture of success for Multifamily Operators. She brings great Human Resources insight into how IMT Residential keeps it a “people-focused” business.
MULTIFAMILY LEADERSHIP SUMMIT | MASTERMIND | JANA FRAZIER
QUESTION 1: What are some challenges and fears that you’ve faced and been able to overcome?
- Experiencing a fear of failure
- Questioning – Am I the best person to take this on?
- Request feedback
QUESTION 2: What is one great achievement or career milestone that you’ve experienced and do you have any pointers?
- Job role evolution
- See what the company needs and offer a solution to that
- Might not be within your day-to-day duties
- Become a tremendous asset to organization
QUESTION 3: What is the best way to present new ideas to executives?
- Conversations differ with executives
- Put the “HR” jargon aside
- Be very succinct and get to the point quickly
- Be ready to answer for ROI
- Focus on business operations rather than just your specialty
- Be able to name the problem and then the solution
QUESTION 4: How do you get people on board when they’ve already objected to an idea and what do you learn to do differently in your process?
- Big Roll-Out
- Begin to use the wording from the new program
- Just put the words out there
- Makes associates comfortable with the new change/program
- Facilitates early adoption
QUESTION 5: What is one tip you can give to others that is unique to yourself – a “success tip”?
- Start and Finish Your Day
- What am I going to do to add value today?
- What did I do to add value today?
- Honest evaluation